Sign in to follow this  
SNIT

Format for releasing mods

Hey there, I just have few simple notes on how you should conduct your release on GMC.

• Make sure the title contains [W.I.P] for works in progress and [REL] for the final release, you also add these as topic tags but that's optional.
  • Avoid making duplicate topics! When your mod is done simply edit the OP (original post) and change the title to include [REL].
  • ALWAYS ADD CREDITS!!!! I cant stress this enough, if your mod doesn't have credits included at release it will be removed, no exceptions.
  • Pics or it didn't happen. Try to (where possible) include pictures of your mod (this includes scripts), if your mod doesn't include pictures it may, at a staff members discretion, be removed or simply not approved until pictures can be provided.
  • Constructive comments only! when responding to posts please keep it civil and only provide helpful feedback and support.
  • Authors, don't take it to heart if someone provides constructive criticisms, feedback back or has a suggestion. You should take care to be polite and show courtesy at all times (even if you don't agree).
  • Provide a download link on release. Once the mod is complete it is expected that you'll add a link to the mod in the OP off the thread, this isn't so much a requirement as it is a convenience to the members
  • Mod theft = ban, it's just that simple.
  • Thread/mod titles should be a short description of the mod and should contain a version number (i.e v1.0) were possible.
  • Have fun making mods! The whole reason we mod GTA is for enjoyment and to extend the gameplay life so enjoy what you do.
These are just simple things to keep in mind, as always use your common sense when posting or replying to threads, this isn't a forum for drama, accusations and the like so if you have an issue of any sort feel free to contact a staff member who will hand the issue discretely, you can ask the staff member to keep your handle/name private should we have to approach another party about the issue (other staff may however be informed for admin purposes).

Thanks and happy modding,

SNIT

Hey there, I just have few simple notes on how you should conduct your release on GMC.

• Pics or it didn't happen. Try to (where possible) include pictures of your mod (this includes scripts), if your mod doesn't include pictures it may, at a staff members discretion, be removed or simply not approved until pictures can be provided.
Just to expand on this point, the download section is set up to require at least one picture before you can even submit your post.

• Authors, don't take it to hart if someone provides constructive criticisms, feedback back or has a suggestion. You should take care to be polite and show courtesy at all times (even if you don't agree).

*heart

• Thread/mod titles should be a short description of the mod and should contain a version number (i.e v1.0) were possible.

In the download section there is a separate text box for title and version, this is so when you update a file with a newer version that if you change the version in the title box it will change the link name breaking any bookmarks. Forum titles are safe to change.

I hope that this clarifies some of the previous points, but as mentioned above have fun!