BRAVO 9 ACTUAL

GTA IV Crashes on Startup Windows 8.1

So, I know i've fixed this issue before and that I should have created a backup on my windows 8.1 version and gotten rid of my windows 7 backup, but I didn't so now i'm back to square 1. I'm pretty sure the issue was resolved by a combination of command line and something added to my launch GTA IV Shortcut last time, but I can't remember what.

So, the issue is as follows.

Launch GTA IV as admin. Log in to Social Club and black screen. Gta IV has stopped working message appears seconds later without any information as to why.

I have updated all drivers, gfwl and have set the appropriate files to run as admin on Windows XP SP 3. The disc is set to run on Windows vista SP 2 and i've already done the reg edit.

I know that you guys all have your raging hardons for your GTA V, but I don't have it and enjoy playing GTA IV so please help.

THIS ISSUE IS FIXABLE, I just don't remember how I fixed it... When it's resolved, i'll post what we did here to help others/myself in the future who may have the same issue.

Nothing stated. Just a "simple" has stopped working. I've been messing around with various compatibility modes and command lines without any solutions cropping up. I got it to run in a windowed mode briefly with command lines but when I removed the windowed mode option it crashes and the windowed mod only lets me have about 3 seconds of loading screen - no menus.

You are getting no where with this.

1. Reinstall GTAIV. Have other programs in the background shutoff

2. Should not need an command line for an default game that has no mods installed.

What's your computer system specifications? If you have 3gb GPU like I have than GTAIV will definitely be messed up. GTAIV only supports 2GB.

GTAIV does work on Windows 8.1 so can't blame it to the OS. Remember to change the compatibility mode

Definitely nothing yo do with command lines.

Make sure you have the following files:

• Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) or if needed (x86)
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or 4.5
  • DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
  • Download The latest AMD or Nvidia Driver (Stay away from Beta versions)
  • Games for Windows Live Client

Even if all are installed, reinstall them. Then set the compatibility to run IV to Windows 7.

You are getting no where with this.

1. Reinstall GTAIV. Have other programs in the background shutoff
2. Should not need an command line for an default game that has no mods installed.

What's your computer system specifications? If you have 3gb GPU like I have than GTAIV will definitely be messed up. GTAIV only supports 2GB.

GTAIV does work on Windows 8.1 so can't blame it to the OS. Remember to change the compatibility mode

GTA IV can support a 4GB GPU with no issues. GPU VRAM doesn't matter. I can run it on a 4GB GPU no issues. Definitely not GPU issue either.

Definitely nothing yo do with command lines.

Make sure you have the following files:

• Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) or if needed (x86)
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or 4.5
  • DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
  • Download The latest AMD or Nvidia Driver (Stay away from Beta versions)
  • Games for Windows Live Client

Even if all are installed, reinstall them. Then set the compatibility to run IV to Windows 7.

GTA IV can support a 4GB GPU with no issues. GPU VRAM doesn't matter. I can run it on a 4GB GPU no issues. Definitely not GPU issue either.

I've already done all of these options. My GTA is a fucked version on other issues too so something that shouldn't necessarily be true might well be on my copy. The only things that I no longer have are some added line in the properties of my desktop launch GTA IV shortcut and my command line. Everything else is the same as it was originally.

Talk about weird.

I had TWO Grand Theft Auto IV folders. One located in C:// Program files and another STOCK in C:// Program files x86. When updating, I can launch the version in the x86 but only to the menu's and infinite loading screen since "my graphics settings have been exceeded" lol. I am transferring my backups to the x86 folder and will see if running the game from there works.

Second edit.

The game from the x86 folder IS running, but the graphics settings are fucked. It states I only have 256mb of graphics capability which is absolute BS. I guess NOW I need the command line to fix that.

THIRD EDIT:

help.png

The game will ONLY run in windowed mode and when in game my fps is fine, but there is no map, just a floating niko.

Edited by BRAVO 9 ACTUAL