Officer Hawkeye

GTA EFLC - Police3 Issue

Alright, so I've recently tried to replace the default Police3 in GTA EFLC with a modded car. I've only edited the vehicles.ide line at this stage (just added "+livery" at the end), and of course I replaced the default Police3 with my desired car with OpenIV. That all goes to plan, when my game starts up, no crashes or anything like that. But then when I spawn Police3, it still spawns the default Police3 somehow!

Any ideas on what would be causing this problem would be very much appreciated :)

Because they are all in the updated vehicles.img. You have to install them in the same directory as original.

I did. For some reason, those are the only 3 cars that won't change.

Hmm, that's strange. As I have made a backup of the original game directory onto my desktop (which I am using for mods), and the only vehicles that aren't getting replaced as they should and staying as the default vehicles, are the "added cars for EFLC". All the default GTA IV vehicles that I have replaced seem to have worked fine, but keep in mind I have only replaced emergency slots at this stage...

I found the fix!!!

I was randomly roaming around the vehicles file at "eflc/tbogt/pc/models/cdimages/vehicles.img" on OpenIV, and noticed that these files were in the tbogt file: dukes.wft, dukes.wtd, futo.wft, futo.wtd, manana.wft, manana.wtd, stalion.wft, and stalion.wtd. These were the same cars that wouldn't change for some reason. So, I just replaced the cars I was having problems with on OpenIV and sure enough they finally changed in game.

I reckon police3 is in "eflc/pc/models/cdimages/vehicles.img" for some reason. All you have to do is simply replace police3.wft and police3.wtd in both "eflc/tbogt/pc/models/cdimages/vehicles.img" and "eflc/pc/models/cdimages/vehicles.img".