BRAVO 9 ACTUAL

Grand Theft Auto IV Update 11/29/16

So as most of you now know, after 6 YEARS without and update and the community beleiving Rockstar Support for IV was long dead, they shocked EVERYBODY (except this guy: http://gta-myths.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:17547) and droped the 1.0.8.0 patch on us. 

At this point i'd like to state and emphasize the following statement:

IF YOU DO NOT PLAY ONLINE DO NOT UPDATE YOUR GAME (yet).

All scripts are currently non-functional and Open IV WILL NOT OPEN THE FILES. 

Updates to mods 6 years old will be no easy feat if it's even ATTEMPTED. How likely will an LT Caine ELS update be? LCPDFR? Indicator Scripts? 

Time will tell and from what I have seen first hand in vanilla GTA IV PC post-patch it runs MUCH smoother than it ever did. Misc traffic issues have been fixed aswell it seems and there are multiple claims on steam and other forums that Rockstar's update ADDED files to the game. 

Yes. New files which some say are new character models (which I think is unlikely given the size of the patch) to new easter eggs tying to GTA V.

Myself and the rest of the staff on here will no doubt be contacting each other over this recent patch and will be discussing what this means to us. 

Personally, I know I said I was pretty much done with GTA IV Modding since I lost most of my work in a harddrive failure in late September/October, but this patch may just pull me back in ASSUMING we can get some basic scripts working.

Keep an eye on the bitching corner. I will post new information as it becomes available there first, then update this post as the situation develops. 

- Bravo

haha imagine if they had, and the ability to add cars xD

I would be in gta emergency heaven then xD

I don't think there's any reason for them to do that to a game this old. Then again, why they would bother with an update 6 years after the last one is beyond me so anything is possible. And rockstar isn't done yet apparently.

too bad no one can contact them about it, i know rockstar doesn't like mods but what could go wrong with some more emergency vehicles?

Again it comes back to there really being no point. Unless they're doing a surprise DLC to go with this update then I just don't see it happening.

After speaking with some contacts I have in the LCPDFR circuit, LCPDFR will NOT be updated for the 1.0.8.0 patch. Nor will ELS, or for that matter Open IV. 

Rockstar has effectively killed any and all online modded multiplayer for GTA IV.

It is now a single player only game that can only be done so with patch 7. 

While this is quite unfortunate, I have to wonder WHY Rockstar would got through any trouble at all with putting out a patch after a 6 year hiatus. It just doesn't add up.

I will add any updates or changes should they occur.

but for real so has anyone tried using scripts and mods and do they work or no because that would kind of suck but i mean gta 4 was a bomb game as it was if you played the story im kind of curious as to how the update is tbh

but for real so has anyone tried using scripts and mods and do they work or no because that would kind of suck but i mean gta 4 was a bomb game as it was if you played the story im kind of curious as to how the update is tbh

Scripts are all broken. Most mods such as ELS, LCPDFR, SNT and others are non functional with no stated plans to update to patch 8. Do NOT update unless you want to play a mod free GTA IV.

If you do update, you will notice better framerate control, less laggy/general gta iv buggyness and some misc bug fixes in the world. Most notible I found was the traffic lights on the hill by the Broker PD where cars would stop at a Green light and drive at a Red.

a buddy's clan said they are still able to play MP with patch 7 i tested it myself and have no problem making a MP server in patch 7

you using an mod or games for windows live?

I'm running windows ten and not able

Well that's just freakin' great. An update to make GTA 4 better, but with no mods. I'm sticking with v1.0.7.0, and I will continue to make police car mods for that game.